« Home | Hello » | Coming Sorrow, Parting Morrow. » | such grief, such sorrow... yet resoluting. » | i love poetry » | ChangeA lush green meadowSnow, a cunning fellow-De... » | Night Muse » | Friends, Romans, Countrymen...lend me your ears. » | what a show... » | Passion » | Age Quod Agis »

Life as Such...

Been to the field. Marsiling reserve, the place is incredulously huge. Trees, sands, and many contigents of insects.

The allocation of tents of my platoon was rather shabby. The area in that sense. We were in the middle of the foliage, thick logs and humid drifts. My buddy was sick for the trip, with the frequent coughs, noseblocks and the occasionally mood swings. Things went well pretty as much, training was quite safe. Crept thru ant congested grounds, bitten and mauled by those small little suckers.

The taste of food rations was bitter sweet. Something nice that lies in every pack, yet after a few savoury bites ( if it deemed fit) one might find the taste notably blend.


Enticing flavors as marked on each pack.
-Terriyaki Chicken Pasta
-Green Curry Rice
-Black Pepper Chicken Rice
-Lo Mai Ko ( HORRID )
-Tomato Chicken Pasta
-Peranakan Rice Dumpling

In the 2 day outfield training, we survived undulating terrain. A 12km march with 3 right ankle sprains. An accidental step on a barb wire. Blisters and pain.

However as much as the list will want to go on, i would say nature's predicaments made me stronger.

"I mean if my muscles ache, it's because I've used 'em. It's hard for me to walk up them steps now, its 'cuz I walked up 'em every night to lay next to a man who loved me. I got a few wrinkles here and there, but I've layed under thousands of skies with sunny days. I look and feel this way, well cuz I drank and I smoked. I lived and I loved, danced, sang, sweat and screwed my way thorough a pretty damn good life if you ask me. Getting old ain't bad Ben. Getting old, that's earned. "
--From THE GUARDIAN 2006.

About me

  • Gabriel Lau
  • Singapore
  • National Servicing
lau.gabriel@gmail.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from gabriel88. Make your own badge here.

Ludvig Van Beethoven
u